Packer Operator - $18.88/hr.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Athens, GA
Post Date: 2/18/2021
- Work safely in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Collaborate and work well with other Team Members.
- Comply with facility safety requirements including wearing the required PPE and following all of the safety rules and procedures.
- Perform quality checks: stencil check, magazine check, bias gauge, check for stuck cartons, scratches, visual bias, mandrel fit and gusset check, dye test and retard check, flash and activation position check, burn test, dry tear and peel, false score/bad fold check, iron roller pressure check, side seam alcohol test, cutting/hand fold/line test, packer damage, cross-over score alignment, slug/case count, print & color consistency, and half gallon packer operators check for hem width and hem thickness.
- Fill the packer hopper with corrugated.
- Stage corrugated from the pallet to corrugated staging before loading into the hopper.
- General packer maintenance and P.M.
- Perform size changes within the packer.
- Work with POM on change overs.
- Occasionally break out the feeders.
- Inspect on Sealer 25 as needed.
- Understand and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements.
- Other duties as required or assigned
What you will need to succeed....
- Accredited High School Diploma/GED & Work Key Certificate
- High energy and a passion for a manufacturing career
- Ability to work independently and within a Team
- Attention to detail
- Motivation to train two jobs up.
- Manufacturing experience and familiarity working with machines, preferred
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and experience using tools, preferred
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Basic math and computer skills required
- Excellent attendance and demonstrated commitment to excellent job performance
- Ability to detect colors and shades
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions
- Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation in accomplishing all tasks
- Willingness to work weekends and different shifts as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.