Human Resources Manager - International Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 2/18/2021
The position is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and administration of local and global policies and programs for staffing, employment matters, compensation and benefits, employee development and training, organizational development, regulatory compliance to meet the business strategies and customer requirements of the Corporate group (Memphis and remote employees), within the framework of Pactiv Evergreen’s overall corporate philosophy and policies, external laws and regulations. This position also oversees the deployment of corporate strategies and HR initiatives in the countries where it operates.
We are looking for a leader who can thrive in a transformational environment building a culture of manufacturing excellence, participation, problem solving and collaboration.
This position is located in Memphis, TN. On the boarder of Tennessee and Arkansas, and two hours from Nashville, Memphis is a city on the historic Mississippi River in southwest Tennessee, famous for the influential strains of blues, soul and rock 'n' roll that originated there. Elvis Presley, B.B. King and Johnny Cash recorded albums at the legendary Sun Studio, and Presley’s Graceland mansion is a popular attraction. Other music landmarks include the Rock 'n' Soul Museum, Blues Hall of Fame and Stax Museum of American Soul Music.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develops and directs the establishment and maintenance of policies, procedures, plans and programs.
- Planning and deployment of specific activities relative to workforce planning, compensation and benefits, employee development and training, HR information systems.
- Ensures alignment of such policies, procedures, plans, programs and budgets with those of Evergreen Packaging.
- Works closely with Corporate Client Group leaders in the organization’s strategic planning efforts, providing action plan on HR matters and ensuring alignment with overall business goals.
- Executes Performance Management and other talent systems, assists with Workforce Planning activities.
- Works closely with functional, commercial and operational leaders with employee relations matters, talent mapping, organizational design, etc. Develops and executes change plans for business initiatives and strategies.
- Assists with selection process: recruiting, interviewing, selection teams, hiring, and new hire orientation.
- Works closely with HRIS Analyst to maintain/update onboarding and training modules within Learning Management System, as well as launching and tracking annual compliance training.
- Partners with VP HR and Pactiv Evergreen Compensation Leader to implement and administer fair and equitable reward systems that meet the strategic and competitive demands of the business.
- Analyze data and create reports to track/trend HR indicators.
- Assures compliance with laws and regulations related to employees and their relationship with their employer. Completes appropriate agency audits (EEOC, DOL, WCI, AAP), including Affirmative Action Plans and Sedex system.
- Ensures compliance with disability/FMLA processes and rules, communicates with employees accordingly.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings or mediations
- Manages employee relations and human resources programs for Memphis-based and commercial employees.
- Manages (within matrix) Human Resources for International Operations. (China, Taiwan, Korea, and El Salvador)
- Partners with country HR Managers to develop plans that align with corporate programs regarding compensation, staffing, employee relations, training, and engagement.
- Processes work visas and partners with inside and outside legal resources accordingly
- Serves as liaison among the manufacturing locations, and supports all activities related to recruiting, hiring, onboarding, substance abuse program, and I9/e-verify.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- Inspires and exhibits trust. Maintains confidentiality.
- Strong collaborator and independent thinking.
- Demonstrated change manager.
- Builds high performance and effective teams.
- Plans and organizes around multiple, competing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership during complex or ambiguous circumstances.
- Analytical and process driven, good judgement and ethics.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to influence and engage others.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Ability to work within a matrix environment
- Willingness to travel (25%)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field from a board of regents accredited university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in a Sr. level Human Resource Generalist or supervisory role; or minimum of 3 years as an HR Manager. Experience supporting global operations, preferably in Asia. is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing corporate client groups.
- Experience working with Talent Management processes and technology.
- Exposure to manufacturing environment, paper, board, or packaging industry is preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities and Microsoft Excel skills
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.