Evergreen and its affiliates and subsidiaries are collectively referred to as “we”, “our”, or “us” in this Policy. When we refer to “you” or “your,” we mean the person accessing this Site. If the person accessing the Site acts on behalf of, or for the purposes of, another person, including a business or other organization, “you” or “your” also means that other person, including a business organization.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. We recommend you visit the Site to review any changes in our practices. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to our then-current Policy.
How does the Site Work?
The Site offers visitors to the Site the opportunity to browse and use certain features of the Site. By using the Site, you consent to the collection and use of information by Evergreen as described in this Policy. Evergreen reserves the right to change how we handle the information we collect through the Site at any time. We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time and will mark new versions with a corresponding effective date. We recommend you visit the Site to review any changes in our practices. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to our then current Policy.
What type of PII does Evergreen collect from you and how do we use it?
Visitors to the Site are not required to provide us with any PII in order to view or browse the information contained in the Site. However, we do require you to provide us with certain information in order to submit questions to us electronically or to sign-up for any Mobile App or other service which will transmit information from this Site to you electronically. In order to apply for a position with us through the Site, you will need to submit your resume or other materials to us. You may be required to provide PII to us in order make use of certain features, programs and promotions of the Site or to participate in surveys and contests conducted through the Site. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name and email address when signing up for our newsletter; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Website.
We primarily use the information you provide us in order to perform the specific task or fulfill the identified purpose for which the information is provided. For example, we need your contact information to respond to an inquiry sent to us through the Site’s “Contact Us” feature and we will need your application information and resume for any job or career related inquiries.
We may use any information you provide to us for our internal business purposes, such as for data analysis, for audits, to improve or enhance the Site, to review usage patterns and to improve our products and services.
What other information does Evergreen collect?
The Site may automatically collect certain data concerning access and activities of Site visitors. This data, commonly referred to as “clickstream” data, is used to facilitate Site operation, management and planning and may include the IP address of your computer, the date and time of online requests, the type of browser and operating system used by your computer, the time required to download information you requested, and any error codes generated while your browser is in contact with the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile telephone or mobile device, we may also collect your unique device identifier and mobile device IP address, as well as information about your device's operating system, mobile carrier and your location information.
Information that may automatically be collected pertaining to your use of a licensed Mobile App, including time stamps, version of Mobile App, the device’s Unique Device Identifier (UDI), computer operating system you use (e.g., Android or iOS), installation data (e.g., daily installs, upgrades and uninstalls), Mobile App activity, and error-reporting information. We will collect this information about Mobile App functionality to allows us to identify those areas of the Mobile App that are of interest to our users so that we can continuously improve our Mobile App, and to identify the products with which you interact, the locations thereof and the settings, adjustments and changes that you make thereto.
How is the PII collected through the Site secured?
We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected through our Site. While we take these reasonable efforts to protect PII provided to us, no network or system is entirely secure. Evergreen cannot and does not guarantee that PII provided to us will not be lost, disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Does Evergreen provide links to other websites?
The Site may provide links to other websites or resources of possible interest to you, including linked sites under the control of Evergreen (e.g. PlantCarton.com), sites under common control with Evergreen (e.g. PactivEvergreen.com) and linked sites outside of our control and under the control of third-parties. We are not responsible for privacy practices or contents of linked sites under the control of third-parties. The inclusion of a link to a site of a third party on this Site does not imply any endorsement of the third-party site or the owner of the site, but is provided as a convenience to you. If you provide PII to such third parties through their sites, your PII shall be subject to the policies and procedures of such websites and not this Policy.
What are our policies regarding children?
We provide a variety of content on our Site and some of it may be appealing to children, however, we do not knowingly collect any PII from anyone under thirteen (13) years of age. We recommend that all parents and guardians monitor their children’s online activities and learn about and use tools to provide assurance that their children enjoy the internet in a manner that is safe and enjoyable.
Communications with You
You authorize Evergreen to transmit e-mail, send postal mail or to telephone you to (i) respond to your communications or requests, (ii) promote our products/services, and (iii) for the purposes of any applicable law regarding notification of persons whose personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person, any required notification may, where permitted by law, be made by the use of e-mail, telephone, fax or mail (including a notice printed in an available area of a bill or statement) or by posting a notice on the Site. YOU AGREE TO THESE MEANS OF COMMUNICATION.
Updating Your Information
You are responsible for keeping your information current. You may update your information by contacting us at 5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38119, USA Attention: Chief Communications Officer or using the Contact page of this Site. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to Evergreen’s internal reporting, processing and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at us at 5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38119, USA Attention: Chief Communications Officer or using the Contact page of this Site. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a resident of the State of California, the following rights are available to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Right to access. You have the right to request that we disclose the categories of personal information collected, the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collection, the categories of third parties with which we share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information that we have about you. You also have the right to request that we provide your personal information to you in a readily useable format.
- Right to request deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we collected from you. Note, however, that certain requests to delete personal information may be denied if we are required or authorized to retain the information as a matter of law, the information is necessary for detecting security incidents, exercising free speech, protecting or defending against legal claims, or for internal uses reasonably aligned with consumer expectations, including, but not limited to, to provide a customer requested product or service. Historical transactional records cannot be deleted.
- Right to non-discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Evergreen for exercising these privacy rights. We do not offer financial incentives related to the provision of data.
- Authorized agent. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at Evergreen Packaging LLC, 5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38119, USA: Chief Communications Officer or using the page of this Site. To protect your privacy, you will be required to provide authenticating information prior to making changes or gaining access to your information. We will respond to inquiries, requests to review, and change requests to personal information within forty-five (45) days.
- Sales of Personal Information. Evergreen does not sell your personal information.
International Visitors and Data Transfers
The Site is hosted in the United States of America (“USA”) and is intended for USA visitors. If you are accessing the site from the EU or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from the laws of the United States, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer. When we transfer personal data from other countries, including to the USA, we use a variety of legal mechanisms to help ensure your data is appropriately protected.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Evergreen is committed to processing your personal data lawfully and facilitating the exercise of your rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its implementing national laws as follows:
- Legal basis for data collection and use. We only collect and use personal information when there is a fair and legal basis for its collection and use and/or when you have consented to our collection. For example, we collect personal information because it is necessary to complete or carry out a user-request, including a user-requested order for products or services, to meet our legitimate interests to send marketing materials or to comply with legal obligations. All other collection and use of information is based on your consent.
- Privacy rights under the European regulation. If you are located in the EU and the EEA you have the following legal rights under applicable law with respect to the PII processed by Evergreen:
- (1) To withdraw consent at any time, if we are processing your personal information on the basis of consent.
- (2) To access the information that Evergreen has about you.
- (3) To request that Evergreen rectify or erase your information;
- (4) To request that Evergreen restrict the way it uses your information.
- (5) To object to the way Evergreen uses your information.
- (6) To ask Evergreen to transfer information to someone else.
- (7) To lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in the EU.
Evergreen’s ability to comply with requests may be limited by applicable law or our legitimate interests.
- Exercise of privacy rights under European regulation. To request to exercise one of these rights, please contact us at 5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38119, USA, Attention: Chief Communications Officer or using the Contact page of this Site. In order to fulfill this request, we may require that you provide us detailed information to validate your identity and specify your request. We will respond to and fulfill your request in a timely manner, usually within thirty (30) days after receiving your request. If for any reason we need to extend this period of time, we will contact you. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
Other International Users
If you are visiting the Site from outside of the USA, your connection may be made through and to servers located in the USA, your registration, entries and orders placed through the Site may be fully processed in and from the USA, and all information you provide may be processed and maintained in our web servers and internal systems located within the USA. The data protection and other laws of the USA and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our Site, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy. By using the Site, you authorize the export of personal information to the USA and its storage and use as specified above when you provide such information to us. You acknowledge and agree that this Policy and our obligations shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Tennessee, excluding conflict of law provisions thereof that would indicate the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction and you hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of U.S. federal courts and state courts located in the State of Tennessee You agree to receive service of process through certified mail or by other means sanctioned by law, and you expressly waive any claim of improper venue and any claim that such courts are an inconvenient forum.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about any of our information collection or handling practices, please contact us at 5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38119, USA, Attention: Chief Communications Officer or using the Contact Us page of this Site.